Friday 17 October 2014

sLog csc165 Week 6

This week the professor covered proofs in the lectures. Earlier in the course when proofs were mentioned, I was concerned that they would be something completely new. I had never learned specifically how to do a proof in  high school. Other students in the class had talked about proofs and I was concerned that I should have prior knowledge about them. It was reassuring to learn that proofs are essentially math problems written out in a particular format. I found it interesting that for some of the easier proofs, a student would write out the answer algebraically on the side and then translate what he or she had written into a proof format. One of the difficulties I had with the proofs were the amount of steps to take between each part. Proofs are written with a specific audience in mind, in this case the proofs are written for a typical csc165 student. I feel like I would take more steps between parts than is necessary for my own reference, so that I can see how I got from each part to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment